Keep Your List
Please note — Your List is not saved by our system. When you leave Kindred Works your list will not be saved.
- Pusher aces of World War 1
- Pusher fighters, designed with the engine at the rear and the machine gun at the front, may have looked ungainly, yet they were able to hold their own remarkably well against their German counterparts. This is the story of the unusual pusher and its many aces, including Lanoe Hawker VC, who formed and led Britain's first fighter squadron before dying in a ten-minute duel with Manfred von Richtofen, American 'cowboy' ace Frederick Libby, third-ranking French ace Charles Nungesser and the aggressive Belgian ace Fernand Jacquet. Packed with colourful artwork of a variety of pusher designs, paint.
- ISBN: 9781846038976, 1846038979
- OCLC: 645246650
Customize Your Recommendations
Show Recommendations by:
- DH 2 vs Albatros D I/D II : Western Front 1916
- ISBN: 178096420X, 9781780964201
- Battlebags : British airships of the First World War : an illustrated history
- ISBN: 0750915188, 9780750915182
- The first of the few : fighter pilots of the First World War
- ISBN: 9780820306421, 0820306428
- The birth of independent air power : British air policy in the First World War
- ISBN: 0049422049, 9780049422049
- Bristol F 2 fighter aces of World War 1
- ISBN: 9781846032011, 1846032016
- Brothers in War
- ISBN: 1446446158, 9781446446157
- The Royal Flying Corps in World War One
- ISBN: 0853686939, 9780853686934
- The history of the war in the air, 1914-1918
- ISBN: 1473850215, 9781473850217
- Fighter Aces! : the Constable Maxwell Brothers ' Fighter Pilots in Two World Wars.
- ISBN: 9781306876759, 9781783834761, 1783834765, 1306876753
- Royal Naval Air Service in the First World War : Aircraft and Events as Recorded in Official Documents.
- ISBN: 9781473875005, 1473875005, 1473828198, 9781473828193
- British & allied aircraft manufacturers of the first world war
- ISBN: 9781445601014, 144560101X
- A flying fighter : an American above the lines in France
- ISBN: 1853670065, 0947898980, 9780947898984, 9781853670060
- Air and sea power in World War I : combat and experience in the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Navy
- ISBN: 9781780761510, 9780857721822, 0857721828, 1780761511, 9780857733320, 085773332X
- The origins of strategic bombing; a study of the development of British air strategic thought and practice up to 1918.
- ISBN: 0718300939, 9780718300937
- Sixty squadron RAF : a history of the squadron 1916-1919
- ISBN: 1612003850, 9781612003856
- A Yankee ace in the RAF : the World War I letters of Captain Bogart Rogers
- ISBN: 9780700621804, 0700621806
- British and empire aces of world war 1
- ISBN: 178200677X, 9781782006770
- The bridge to airpower : logistics support for Royal Flying Corps operations on the Western Front, 1914-18
- ISBN: 1612518400, 9781612518404, 1612518397, 9781612518398
- Airships over Ulster : Royal Naval Air Service airships during the First World War
- ISBN: 9781780730080, 178073008X
- The Annals of 100 Squadron : being a record of the war activities of the pioneer night bombing squadron in France during the period March 1917 to November 11th 1918, including its operations against German towns whilst serving in the independent force of the R.A.F.
- ISBN: 0856800074, 9780856800078