Keep Your List
Please note — Your List is not saved by our system. When you leave Kindred Works your list will not be saved.
- The innovative university : changing the DNA of higher education from the inside out
- This work offers a hopeful vision to show universities how they can become more innovative, efficient, and true to their mission. It shows how higher education can respond to the forces of disruptive innovation that they are currently facing. The authors offer an analysis of where the traditional university and its traditions have come from and how it needs to change for the future. Through an examination of Harvard and Brigham Young University, Idaho as well as other stories of innovation in higher education, they decipher how universities can find innovative, less costly ways of performing their uniquely valuable functions. The book offers new ways forward to deal with curriculum, faculty issues, enrollment, retention, graduation rates, campus facility usage, and a host of other urgent issues in higher education. It discusses a strategic model to ensure economic vitality at the traditional university. It contains novel insights into the kind of change that is necessary to move institutions of higher education forward in innovative ways. To avoid the pitfalls of disruption and turn the scenario into a positive and productive one, universities must re-engineer their institutional DNA from the inside out. This book uncovers how the traditional university survives by breaking with tradition, but thrives by building on what it has done best. -- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 1118063481, 9781118091258, 9781118063484, 1118091256, 9781118091265, 9781118091272, 1118091272, 1118091264
- OCLC: 701808383
Customize Your Recommendations
Show Recommendations by:
- Responding to the needs of historically black colleges and universities in the 21st century : hearing before the Subcommittee on Select Education of the Committee on Education and the Workforce, House of Representatives, One Hundred Seventh Congress, first session, hearing held in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, April 23, 2001.
- Workplace and higher education : perspective for the coming decade, 1979 : hearings before the Committee on Labor and Human Resources, United States Senate, Ninety-sixth Congress, second session, on examination on the future of higher education and the provision of well-trained persons for the public and private employment sectors of the economy, June 6 and 7, 1979.
- Student aid audio guide : student financial assistance.
- Audiobook on CD
- Hearings on higher education civil rights enforcement : joint hearings before the Subcommittee on Postsecondary Education of the Committee on Education and Labor and the Subcommittee on Civil and Constitutional Rights of the Committee on the Judiciary, House of Representatives, Ninety-eighth Congress, first session, hearings held in Washington, D.C., on May 17, 18, and 25, 1983.