Keep Your List
Please note — Your List is not saved by our system. When you leave Kindred Works your list will not be saved.
- The innovative university : changing the DNA of higher education from the inside out
- This work offers a hopeful vision to show universities how they can become more innovative, efficient, and true to their mission. It shows how higher education can respond to the forces of disruptive innovation that they are currently facing. The authors offer an analysis of where the traditional university and its traditions have come from and how it needs to change for the future. Through an examination of Harvard and Brigham Young University, Idaho as well as other stories of innovation in higher education, they decipher how universities can find innovative, less costly ways of performing their uniquely valuable functions. The book offers new ways forward to deal with curriculum, faculty issues, enrollment, retention, graduation rates, campus facility usage, and a host of other urgent issues in higher education. It discusses a strategic model to ensure economic vitality at the traditional university. It contains novel insights into the kind of change that is necessary to move institutions of higher education forward in innovative ways. To avoid the pitfalls of disruption and turn the scenario into a positive and productive one, universities must re-engineer their institutional DNA from the inside out. This book uncovers how the traditional university survives by breaking with tradition, but thrives by building on what it has done best. -- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781118091265 (ebk.), 9781118091272 (ebk.), 1118091264 (ebk.), 1118091272 (ebk.), 9781118091258 (ebk.), 1118091256 (ebk.), 1118063481 (hardback), 9781118063484 (hardback)
- OCLC: 701808383
Customize Your Recommendations
Show Recommendations by:
- An Act to Improve Learning and Teaching by Providing a National Framework for Education Reform ; to Promote the Research, Consensus Building, and Systemic Changes Needed to Ensure Equitable Educational Opportunities and High Levels of Educational Achievement for All Students ; to Provide a Framework for Reauthorization of All Federal Education Programs ; to Promote the Development and Adoption of a Voluntary National System of Skill Standards and Certifications ; and for Other Purposes.
- Christian colleges & universities / profiles of leading colleges that emphasize academic quality and spiritual growth.
- ISBN: 9780768905861, 0768905869
- Title IV institution code list.
- Peterson's Christian colleges & universities / top schools serious about scholarship, faith and service.
- ISBN: 0768900506 (pbk.), 9780768900507 (pbk.)
- Alphabetic list of educational institutions
- The universities
- ISBN: 9780140209624, 014020962X