Keep Your List
Please note — Your List is not saved by our system. When you leave Kindred Works your list will not be saved.
- The innovative university : changing the DNA of higher education from the inside out
- This work offers a hopeful vision to show universities how they can become more innovative, efficient, and true to their mission. It shows how higher education can respond to the forces of disruptive innovation that they are currently facing. The authors offer an analysis of where the traditional university and its traditions have come from and how it needs to change for the future. Through an examination of Harvard and Brigham Young University, Idaho as well as other stories of innovation in higher education, they decipher how universities can find innovative, less costly ways of performing their uniquely valuable functions. The book offers new ways forward to deal with curriculum, faculty issues, enrollment, retention, graduation rates, campus facility usage, and a host of other urgent issues in higher education. It discusses a strategic model to ensure economic vitality at the traditional university. It contains novel insights into the kind of change that is necessary to move institutions of higher education forward in innovative ways. To avoid the pitfalls of disruption and turn the scenario into a positive and productive one, universities must re-engineer their institutional DNA from the inside out. This book uncovers how the traditional university survives by breaking with tradition, but thrives by building on what it has done best. -- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781118091265 (ebk.), 9781118091272 (ebk.), 1118091264 (ebk.), 1118091272 (ebk.), 9781118091258 (ebk.), 1118091256 (ebk.), 1118063481 (hardback), 9781118063484 (hardback)
- OCLC: 701808383
Customize Your Recommendations
Show Recommendations by:
- Alphabetic list of educational institutions
- The role of urban universities in economic and community development : hearing before the Subcommittee on Policy Research and Insurance of the Committee on Banking, Finance, and Urban Affairs, House of Representatives, One Hundred Second Congress, first session, October 28, 1991.
- ISBN: 0160373867, 9780160373862
- Hearing on campus crime and H.R. 2416, to amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to require open campus security crime logs at institutions of higher learning : hearing before the Subcommittee on Postsecondary Education, Training, and Life-long Learning of the Committee on Economic and Educational Opportunities, House of Representatives, One Hundred Fourth Congress, second session, hearing held in Washington, DC, June 6, 1996.
- ISBN: 9780160529450, 016052945X
- Education directory.
- An Act to Improve Learning and Teaching by Providing a National Framework for Education Reform ; to Promote the Research, Consensus Building, and Systemic Changes Needed to Ensure Equitable Educational Opportunities and High Levels of Educational Achievement for All Students ; to Provide a Framework for Reauthorization of All Federal Education Programs ; to Promote the Development and Adoption of a Voluntary National System of Skill Standards and Certifications ; and for Other Purposes.
- Scholarships for international students : a complete guide to United States colleges and universities, 1986-88
- ISBN: 9780917760846 (pbk.), 0917760840 (pbk.)
- Needed system supports for achieving higher education equity for black Americans : a synthesis document : an analysis, report and recommendations for the establishment of national program objectives and system supports designed to support the achievement of equity for Black Americans in higher education.