Keep Your List
Please note — Your List is not saved by our system. When you leave Kindred Works your list will not be saved.
- The diary and letters of a World War I fighter pilot
- "This is a first-hand account from the author's grandfather, Guy Mainwaring Knocker, of his experiences as a pilot in the RFC in the First World War. It is written as a series of letters and diary entries. He wrote letters virtually every day to his family, while he trained in England and was in service in France, and often illustrated them with sketches. Guy was a gifted artist, particularly pencil and pen and ink, and he also became an excellent photographer." "He flew with No. 65 (fighter) Squadron that was formed in August 1916 initially as a training squadron. In June 1917 the squadron moved to Calais for special patrol work in the Dover Straits area, to intercept enemy aircraft raiding England. In October 1917 the Sopwith Camels of 65 Squadron flew to the front line to join the war there."--Jacket.
- ISBN: 178159418X, 9781783409945, 1783409940, 9781781594186
- OCLC: 880878608
Customize Your Recommendations
Show Recommendations by:
- World War One aircraft carrier pioneer : the story and diaries of Captain JM McCleery RNAS-RAF
- ISBN: 1783461306, 9781783461301
- Diary of a night bomber pilot in World War I
- ISBN: 1862274525, 9781862274525
- The ideals and training of a flying officer
- ISBN: 0859791300, 9780859791304