Find library materials about world wide locations
This prototype interface was developed to show the access opportunities created by using the fully enumerative faceted FAST subject headings. Read more here.
The FAST authority file was developed jointly by OCLC and the Library of Congress and is available online to support FAST applications and allow potential users and other interested parties to view the FAST authority records.
The most recent update for FAST was 3/27/2013. The FAST database will be updated periodically. Our target is to update FAST at least twice each year.
For comments on the FAST authorities or this interface, please contact the FAST Team
- A full feature search interface to the FAST database.
- mapFAST is a Google Maps mashup prototype designed to provide map based access to bibliographic records using FAST geographic and event authorities.
- FAST Converter
- The FAST Converter is a Web interface for the conversion of LCSH headings to FAST headings.
- FAST as a Linked Data service to interact with the Semantic Web.
- mapFAST Web Service
- mapFAST data, providing FAST headings near a coodinate location, is also available as a Web Service.
- A Web service that automates the manual selection of FAST Subjects based on autosuggest technology.