Keep Your List
Please note — Your List is not saved by our system. When you leave Kindred Works your list will not be saved.
- Are we still rolling? : studios, drugs and rock 'n' roll : one man's journey recording classic albums
- From the author's first glimpse of a magical recording studio in the mid-1960s up through a busy career that continues to the present day, this rollicking story can only be told by those that werethere. As the young tape operator on sessions for The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, and Joe Cocker at the famed Olympic Sound Studios in London, Phill learned the ropes from experienced engineers and producers such as Glyn Johns and Eddie Kramer. Phill soon worked his way up engineering sessions for Mott the Hoople, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley and many other lendary rockers. He eventually became a freelance engineer/producer and worked with Roxy Music, Go West, Talk Talk, and Robert Plant. But more than a recollection of participating in some of the most treasured music of the past 40 years, this is a man's journey through life as Phill struggles to balance his home and family with a job where drug abuse, chaos, rampant egos, greed, lies and the increasingly invasive record business take their toll. It's also a cautionary tale, where long workdays and what once seemed like harmless indulgences become health risks, yet eventually offer a time to reflect back on.
- ISBN: 9781476856094, 1476856095
- OCLC: 974256474
Customize Your Recommendations
Show Recommendations by:
- Sound man : a life recording hits with the Rolling Stones, the Who, Led Zeppelin, the Eagles, Eric Clapton, the Faces ..
- ISBN: 9780147516572, 0147516579
- Sonic alchemy : visionary music producers and their maverick recordings
- ISBN: 9780634055607, 0634055607
- Paul Oakenfold : the authorised biography
- ISBN: 1409082148, 9781409082149
- Recording my life : with Elgar, Chaliapin, Caballé, von Karajan, Furtwängler, Mountbatten and Menuhin
- ISBN: 9781860743276, 1860743277
- How music dies (or lives) : field recording and the battle for democracy in the arts
- ISBN: 9781621534877, 1621534871
- Sound man : a life recording hits with the Rolling Stones, the Who, Led Zeppelin, the Eagles, Eric Clapton, the Faces...
- ISBN: 9781494583026, 149458302X
- ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR : the life and times of a recording studio engineer.
- ISBN: 9781912881208, 1912881209
- Don Kirschner : the man with the golden ear : how he found the songwriters who changed the face of rock 'n' roll
- ISBN: 1458416704, 9781458416704
- Sam Phillips : the man who invented rock 'n' roll
- ISBN: 9780297856542, 0297856545
- Sun king : the life and times of Sam Phillips, the man behind Sun Records
- ISBN: 0749929464, 9780749929466
- In the studio with Michael Jackson
- ISBN: 1423464958, 9781423464952
- Al Schmitt on the record : the magic behind the music
- ISBN: 9781495061059, 1495061051
- Never say no to a rock star : in the studio with Dylan, Sinatra, Jagger, and more
- ISBN: 1943156085, 1943156093, 9781943156085, 9781943156092
- Make mine music
- ISBN: 1476855064, 9781476855066, 130607973X, 9781306079730, 9781476855073, 1476855072
- Sing to me: my story of making music, finding magic, and searching for who's next.
- ISBN: 0062274767, 9780062274762
- Never say no to a rock star
- Audiobook on CD
- ISBN: 9781541405851, 1541405854
- My journey from shame to fame
- ISBN: 9781941437537, 1941437532
- The man from Muscle Shoals : my journey from shame to fame
- ISBN: 9781942248743, 1942248741
- Rick Hall : my journey from shame to fame
- ISBN: 9781941437520, 1941437524
- The Legendary Joe Meek : the Telstar Man.
- ISBN: 1901447693, 9781901447699